Thursday, October 4, 2012

Believe. Dream. Make It Happen.

When we were kids, this question is always asked to us; "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Since then, I always had the same answer, I want to be a doctor someday. Most of the kids back then have that for an answer but only a few of them would actually pursue that dream. As I always say, it has always been my dream to be a doctor someday. I even remember telling that on national television, when I was interviewed for Knowledge Channel back then. So ever since, I know that I will be a doctor one day. 

This school year, I planned to go to medical school but there are just some things that quite didn't work out. My sister kept telling me that maybe those are signs that I'm not meant to be in med school, that being a doctor is not my future. I don't want to believe her but at one point, I started thinking about it and suddenly there were so many questions that were running on my mind. Questions that I can't answer that time.

"What if I'm not really meant to be a doctor?" 

"What if there's another profession that's right for me?"

"What if I won't be happy if I really end up being a doctor?"

"What if I can't do this?"

"What if all these years I just believed that it's my dream but it really isn't?" 

These questions have been on my mind for quite some time. There would be times at night, when I would just stop and think. And for the record, I didn't like those nights. There would be times that I would think whether I just grew up believing that it is my dream. But I'm glad I had those nights to let me think about things. I'm not getting any younger, at this point I should already know what I want in life. But why am I having doubts? 

I've been a bum for three months and because of that I had a lot of time to think. To think whether I would continue to med school or I should find another profession that will be best for me. I admit that besides being a doctor, there are a lot of things I wanna be. I wanna try new things. But still, being a doctor is my priority. The time I had to think made me realize a lot of things. My love for acting, dancing or simply performing had always been there. I thought of trying things that would show my passion for those things and now, I'm actually considering it. Now that I have all the free time. If the right time comes for me to do those things, why not. 

The nights of thinking made me realize that I really really really want to be a doctor. But now that I still have a year off, I will do things that would not be that related to medicine because once I go to med school, most probably I can't do any of the things I mentioned above because I will dedicate all my time in studying. Yes, I already planned it. Starting next school year, I will always be studying and I'm actually ready for that. I'm ready to turn my childhood dream into a reality. 

At this moment, I have all the answers I needed.

"I know that I'm meant to be a doctor."

"There's a probability that there would be another profession waiting for me, but as I said being a doctor would be number one on my list."

"I know that I will be happy once I end up being a doctor for it is what I want."

"I can do this! With the help of my family and with the guidance of the Lord."

"All these years, I believed that it is my dream and until now I will still keep on believing that this is my dream and I'm ready to  make it happen." 

4 comments:

  1. this is the cutest post ever... really inspiring actually! I LOVE IT! and that picture is adorable! :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for your comment. That actually inspired me to write more. :) And, I just got the picture from tumblr. :) You have a great blog, btw. :)

      Delete
  2. Just..... Wow ! I'm french and I stumble upon your text and I find it amazing ! I continue in french : je trouve formidable de croire en ses rêves et de tout faire pour les réaliser j'espère vraiment que tu réussira a devenir docteur, vraiment ! good luck ! Et bonne continuation

    ReplyDelete