Friday, June 22, 2012

Evolution of names.

    
Do you know that I really like my name? Even if my second name is too common, I definitely believe that my first name is kinda unique. It's actually a combination of my parents' name. My mom's name is Susan then my dad's name is Rolly and when they combined their name, they got Rosanne. Well, they changed the spelling at the end which made it more unique. So unique that a lot of people are making mistakes when writing it. Boo. :( I'm already used to it anyways. I like my first name but that's not what most people call me, I don't know why but I find it too formal when people call me Rosanne. It's actually my professors who call me that, well during first days only. I would tell them to just call me Bianca. But my real nickname is Robi 'coz my full name is Rosanne Bianca, so I'm guessing you now know why Robi is my nickname. Only a few people know what my real nickname is, only those people who are close to me and those who asked. My family does not really call me Robi but instead they made it shorter, that's why they are calling me Rob. Then there would be times that they would call me Rob-rob. And I don't know the reason why they're calling me that. Why? Haha. 

Anyway, that's what they call me at home. But in school, Bianca is my name. On every first day of school introduction, that's what I'm telling my classmates. I really don't know why but I find Robi or Rob too manly. Or maybe because I know people who have that name that are guys. Hmm.. That could be it. So I sticked with the name Bianca at school. 

And you know what, there's a sudden change with what my family calls me. They now call me Bianca because they knew that that's what I wanted to be called. Yes! But there would times that I miss being called Rob or Rob-rob. Well, I still have a few relatives that calls me that and I would like it to stay that way. :) Oh, and I forgot something, there are two people (that I remember) who still calls me Robi. And guess who they are? :)))) My two ninangs (godmothers)!  When they have a gift for me, on the card it always says Robi. How cute. Hahaha. That just means that they haven't changed. :) I'll take it as a good thing. :) 

Now, what's my name? :)
 a. Rosanne
 b. Bianca
 c. Robi
 d. Rob
 e. Rob-rob
 f. All of the above

Whatever you choose, that's still me. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment