Sunday, June 24, 2012

Best Three Years.

A very important event just happened in my life. It was two weeks ago when I finally graduated with the course in BS-Biology. I actually graduated a year earlier when compared to other schools with the same course. It was because in DLSU, it is a trimester which makes it a lot shorter but faster too in terms of the things we're studying. This was actually one of the reasons why I chose La Salle to be my school. Not because I'm too lazy for a four year course but because I know after taking up this course, I will have so many years more for med school. By the way, DLSU is my dream school.

I felt really happy that I was able to graduate on time. I must say, Biology is not an easy course. Really. It's actually hard. Studying all night, lacking sleep, having eye bags, reading so many books, writing papers, skipping meals and having no time to go out. Everything was worth it and now I'm actually a college graduate. Wow! Time really flies. I can still clearly remember our graduation back in high school. I may not have the same awards that I had back then, still I'm proud that I graduated and for me that's more than enough. In high school, I was the type of student who's really conscious of her grades. To the point that I wanted all of my grades to be 90+. Luckily, I was able to achieve that when I was still in high school. But during college, it was only then that I learned that grades are just grades. And I'm not saying this just because I experienced having low grades but because I really do believe in that. Grades may define our standing in a certain subject but it will not define our total identity. Bad grades may be because I didn't study or I didn't remember what I studied but that won't mean that that will always be the case. There will always be a room for improvement and that's another thing I learned in college. 

College has been a roller coaster ride for me for I experienced so many things here. May it be good or bad, through ups and downs. I learned that much in college and not just only on the subjects that I took but also on my mere stay at De La Salle University. In this institution, I was able to know myself better and I was able to improve myself. 

In college, I gained friends, I had favorite subjects and I have those that I really hate. I had good and bad grades. I had great professors and some that are not that great. I learned to love my course. I had crushes. I had different organizations which became my family in school. It was also in college that I learned how to go to parties at night. It was in college that I had my first sip of an alcoholic beverage (And I didn't like it). There were a lot of firsts in college. Things that I would never forget and will forever remember. College may not be the same as high school but I believe that it is in college where we were fully prepared to go on with another step in our life. 





 Thank you Mommy & Daddy! I Love You!
Bleh! Yes! :P



BIO BOYS. :) Yes, I belong to the Bio Boys Block.

Three years that are well spent at De La Salle University.

I'll miss my blockmates, friends, batchmates, and DLSU. :'(
Till we meet again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment