Thursday, July 12, 2012

Laughter is the best medicine. :)

Almost everyone knows this saying but comedians know this by heart. They always believe in this saying that's why their ultimate goal is to make their audience happy. Being a comedian is not easy and as they say, it's even harder than being a dramatic actor. That's why I salute everyone who makes other people laugh, I seriously do. I salute them for always having the smile on their faces even if there would be times that they have their personal problems. They forget those problems once they're about to face their audience. They even say that comedians have the most problems in life and they're trying to hide them by simply laughing, another reason to salute them. Because of these, I love comedians. They certainly make our lives a lot easier, a lot happier. Through their simplest punchlines that makes us laugh for a long time. 

It is just sad that we had to lose one of the greatest comedians of all time here in the Philippines. I first saw the news about his death on twitter and I couldn't even believe it, other people didn't believe it as well. After a few minutes, there were some tweets that said that he's still alive which then made me smile. But after a while, it was confirmed that he just passed away. Even if I'm not related to him by blood or had a personal encounter with him, I was still deeply saddened by his passing and I'm not overacting, that's what I really feel. I can clearly remember the nights that we would watch Home Along Da Riles, that surely made our nights. Every night that his show airs, laughter is always present. He has made a lot of movies and TV shows that made every Filipino laugh. He is truly loved by many. He is definitely a great loss in the industry and in the Philippines. I believe that he is not just a great artist but he is also a great friend, brother, husband and father. He was an inspiration to every person that wanted to make people laugh. All Filipinos were really sad because of what happened to him. He will forever be remembered for he is truly a legend. He will forever be the one and only Comedy King. 

Sir Dolphy, we know that you will now be with God. We know that you would still continue making people laugh. Make everyone there in heaven happy. :) By the words of his son, Eric Quizon: "Long live Comedy!" & "In the honor of my father, smile at the person standing next to you". We will surely do this. :) Sir Dolphy, you will forever be loved. 
"A day without laughter is a day wasted." - Rodolfo Vera Quizon, Sr. a.k.a DOLPHY
SALAMAT PO. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment